Like, I'm not writing this to please anyone. I'm not going to link my account on facebook, or give out the link at family dinner. This is for me, my computer and anyone who seems to find me along the way.
As my first blog I suppose I should just say information about myself. But instead I think I'll tell a story (whenever I say the word story, I think of people gathering around the campfire and telling fictional ghost stories, but this is real, yo!) that basically sums up my life.
So, the other week I was in Canberra for a holiday. For those of you who don't know or for my future self- if you are reading this, and by this time have gone a little (or at least MORE) insane, and forget what Canberra is- it's a place in Australia. ANYWAY, I was in a shopping centre bathroom, washing my hands- as you do. There were four; crisp, clean sinks next to the one I was currently making good use of. They were the sort of fancy sinks that each had an individual soap dispenser- which you don’t usually find in the place I live, hence why I called them fancy- rather than one dispenser for the entire bathroom.
A flush rang, and this rather old lady (well, extremely old lady) shuffled out of a cubicle. This lady walked across all the remaining sinks, straight to the one I was using. Outstretching her hand, she took some soap from the dispenser (a word that I have used way too much so far.) I found it weird, but assumed she had some sort of inside information that the other sinks did not have any soap. But I was wrong.
Instead of taking her soap and shuffling to her choice of the next four sinks, she literally started rinsing her hand in my basin- well, the one I was using at least. She just put her hand closer to the faucet, making all her dirty water fall to my hands. I looked up at her, shocked. It was a small annoyance in the span of things, but I just couldn't figure out why she would do that!?
I dramatically walked away, pulling loudly for paper towels, which I used and promptly threw on the floor. Unfortunately I missed the bin, so my dramatic exit was taken down a few pegs, but all the same- it was quite dramatic. The lady didn't even bat an eyelid, however. I mean, am I invisible? Is this just something Canberra people do? In fact, I’m still incredibly puzzled about why this lady chose to invade my bubble!?
But anyway, my point is that that’s the story of my life. I'm a drama queen whom though she attempt to make her self heard, is invisible to everyone who isn't one of my close friends. At the end of the day, people often don’t see me for me- and though I'm sure this lady wouldn't have even work out even a little bit about me- most people just know me as that smart chick, or that Harry Potter nerd. They're not BAD things to be, but that’s all most people see me as.
Well, I think that’s enough from me, for tonight. I think I'll enjoy talking to myself for the next couple of weeks, and I hope some day I'll enjoy reading them (which, lets face it, I'll probably be too lazy to do.)
CHOW FOR NOW.
And yes, that is me and one of my besties infront of the Sydney Opera House :)
No comments:
Post a Comment